This is great Ryan...isn't it amazing how our childhood experiences can influence the people we become and the choices we make today!? Your parents choice to vacation mainly in one area and your decision to branch out and see what the rest of the world has to offer is such a dichotomy! We have such a bias in the US (bias that is intra-country and state to state as you experienced e.g. Louisiana is better than or has more to offer than...)that we are better than or more than the rest of the world and I am pleased that you have made the conscious decision with your wife to explore. I encourage you to submit this to the NPR website if you are so inclined.
This is great Ryan...isn't it amazing how our childhood experiences can influence the people we become and the choices we make today!? Your parents choice to vacation mainly in one area and your decision to branch out and see what the rest of the world has to offer is such a dichotomy! We have such a bias in the US (bias that is intra-country and state to state as you experienced e.g. Louisiana is better than or has more to offer than...)that we are better than or more than the rest of the world and I am pleased that you have made the conscious decision with your wife to explore. I encourage you to submit this to the NPR website if you are so inclined.
ReplyDelete